My baby hates his rice cereal! *5 months

What can I do? He won't eat it!

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 10:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• good, dont feed it to him. lol, no big deal. my 5mo is still ebf, maybe hes not ready
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:44 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• most babies do...have you ever tried that stuff...it's nasty
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my kids never ate that stuff, it looks gross and smells like vomit, I can only imagine what it tastes like!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 10:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• my son ate rice cereal one time (kind of). It just wasn't worth it to me- he HATED it. I started feeding him pureed food instead. He is now 2 1/2 and totally fine. don't believe the rice cereal hype.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:47 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Don't force it maybe he is not ready for it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• lol looks gross and smells like vomit? wow.... i make rice cereal with some pumped breast milk and it tastes like sweet cream of wheat. but anyway to answer your question maybe he will go right to foods and not eat the cereal. you could try him on some of the first foods veggies and see if he likes them
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Well the doctor said he needed to start with rice cereal... so what am I supposed to do? We've been trying to feed it to him for a month.. we have food allergies in my family so it's no as easy as just saying 'screw it' I'll just feed you whatever, we are trying to do the right thing here and the bottle just isn't cutting it anymore...
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 10:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• Yeah, I tried giving my DD rice cereal and she didn't take it so I tried it and it was horrid. I gave her oatmeal the other day and she enjoyed that somewhat.
    I'd say skip it if he doesn't want it. Like others have said, he may not be ready for it yet though.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• pur'ee some fruits or vegetables and feed it to him
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• If he is pushing it out with his tongue, he is not ready. If there are allrgies in your family, I would wait as long as possible to give him any food. Feeding way too early contributes to allergies later.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2010