What was your experiment from Wal-mart?

Anyone work there or know someone who does? How was their experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My brother works there and hates it. You can get fired for nothing and they expect a lot out of employees making barely minimum wage.
    Anonymous

• you can fired for nothing almost anywhere.
    I guess ask them what is the average time people work there- if it's not long, you can guess why-
    Anonymous

• Everyone I have known that worked there even my Step mom loved it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• I worked at a WalMart about 15 yrs ago. It was ok I guess. What irritated me was that they put me in a dept that I knew nothing about. Then they would keep calling me up to run a register, when I was supposed to watch the fitting room! I didn't really have any problems except for that. Oh, and the fact that I could not get FT hours.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Friend's hubby has worked up to a regional manager---makes a pretty good income, but it takes a while. He likes it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• They are known to treat their employees like garbage. They pretend to offer benefits but keep all of their employees under the amount of hours needed for benefits. They pay nothing and you will have no job security.
    I hate to be a debbie downer but I have looked into all of the bad effects Wal Mart has on people and our economy and as a result, have not stepped foot in there for 4 years. I am proud to boycott walmart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You can say what you want, but they employ people who otherwise wouldn't be able to find a job. My 78 year old dad works there. Even though he is often off work for health problems, they always take him back. My parents couldn't make it without that income.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My DH works there. When he got out of college 7 years ago we all laughed when he applied at Walmart, but it pays our bills and then some, he loves his job and couldn't imagine working anywhere else! He does work a lot of hours, though. Also, contrary to what everyone else is saying he has great benefits and perks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Ive known several people who have worked there and I really think it depends on the store management and your personality. If you tend not to be someone who can make the best of a situation, you probably wont like it. I have heard that they expect the store to be your #1 priority, over your kids and family life, and I do know that if you clock in AT ALL early or late, they will give you 3 chances and you are gone. That includes if you are let go early: you go clock out immediately! Sams is the same way. And the "offering benefits" thing someone else mentioned is true too. They legally have to offer benefits to full timers, but they tend to keep you just under full time hours. Id try to talk to some of the employees and see how the management tends to be.
    BritRose

Answer by BritRose at 3:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I worked there and its absolutely horrible. I hate...HATE walmart. I could write a book on all the horrible things that company does to its employees.
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 5:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010