Is this normal? Should I be worried?

It's been 7 months since I broke up with my ex and he still isn't over me (Is this normal?). We go to the same safety meeting 3 times a week at work but I don't look at him or even acknowledge he's there. He starting stalking me right after the breakup and I threatened him with a restraining order... he would also email me and call my house leaving strange messages on my machine that made us sound like we were together. I broke up with him because of his drinking. Just recently I started getting emails again (4 in 2 weeks) so I blocked him. I would never take him back and I have told him that in the past... he just doesn't understand. In his emails, he would say things about how much he loves me and wants to be with me and that he hopes I feel the same way. I am just annoyed... I don't care about him at all and would never take him back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• He's an alcoholic. It's the alcohol talking. If you still have your R. O. call the police.
    Anonymous

• i had one do this to me for 6 months,only i was already dating my now husband,yes its can be scary.But he gave up soooooo glad
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:32 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• What are safety meetings? Why do you need to go to the same meeting with him?

Avoid going anywhere that you might see him. It has to be hard for him to see you if he still cares. If you have a restraining order you have to stay away from him.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• You must enjoy being "stalked" since you're still going to the safety meetings, knowing damn well he's going to be there. I think you like the attention.
    Anonymous

• We do safety meeting at work to ensure everyone has a safe day at work... we work around heavy equipment. I was going to get a restraining order but he left me alone, so I didn't... now he's trying to contact me again. He's crazy and I guess that's why I wonder if it's normal for someone to not be over someone in 7 months.

Thanks ladies for your answers :)
    Anonymous

• We have to go to these meetings... it's mandatory... I have no say or I will get fired. We were co-workers (that's how we met), we work for the same company still but not the same departments so I only have to see him at the meeting. I hate the feeling of him looking at me, thinking about me and him being around me so no, I don't do it for attention.

OP
    Anonymous

• It's been 5 years and my ex isn't over me...but I don't see him or talk to him anymore. We've bumped into each other a few times around town and he will always tell me how unhappy he is, he wishes he had a time machine...etc. Try to worry about you and moving on and maybe out of sight will help him move on.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My highschool sweetheart and I were together for 5 years. We had lived together for 2 years during that time. When I was 20, I broke it off with him and that was 13 YEARS ago. The man is still not 100% over it. After so many years, I finally gave in and started talking to him, making it clear it would NEVER go ay further. We became pretty good friends. But never nothing more. He stopped writing the letters long ago but he will txt me once inwhile that he misses me and such. I just ignore it.I am very much in a committed relationship, with 2 children and 1 on the way and he has a pregnanct g.friend. You'd think he'd just be over it already. But he has told me several times, he's waiting and willing when i'm ready,lol. I just laugh at him now. Its a strange situation but I've gotten use to it.
    Anonymous