BF and being pierced

is it possible to bf if i take out my nipple ring? will it spray all over?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not going to spray. It will leak from the holes, but the only thing that could ever make it actually spray is by squeezing.
    Anonymous

• It will leak from the holes? Really? I never ever thought of this question before, but I would have thought if the holes were healed up, there wouldn't be any leaking from them. I would say definitely give it a try, and now I'm really curious!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• It will be fine.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

________________________
    Not entirely true. I had it spray before, but it was because baby missed a feeding and I was so full my boobs wanted to explode! It only happened once though. I don't know what will happen. The thought makes me giggle though. Just make sure you get the breast pads for your bra. Even w/o a piercing, you can leak, especially in the beginning when baby eats erratically (sp?).
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 11:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes, you can take out the ring and nurse just fine. Leaking or spraying out the holes is very different for each person. There is a detailed article on the topic at Nipple Piercing: Is It Compatible with Breastfeeding?

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 6, 2010