pcos

if i get it under control, will my symptoms go away , will my hair grow back , will i lose weight, will i be able to conceive , etc.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. I have it. I've had 3 children. My dd has it and she has 2 children. She is on Metforman (sp?) and is losing weight. a lot easier than I am.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• me ( 2 kids), my mom ( 2 kids), my grandma ( 6 kids) , and my aunt ( 3 kids) ..all have it and have had kids.... we have all had trouble losing weight ( and we also all carry a blood clotting disorder) so we cant take most of the meds usually used.... but low carb is one of the best ways of losing weight, while having pcos.........the more weight you loose, alot of symptoms go away and usually makes it easier to conceive
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2010

• i have pcos i was told at 19 i had it and im 22 now i had take meds for it and i lost 50lbs in the first month on it and i had to take clomid first time i took it i got preg but end up misscarring and then i tryied it one my time and i found out in Nov 13 i was preg and im no in my 25 weeks so it does happen they gave me a paper of what i can eat and i went by that i have a lot of vegs and only one meal i had we meat but i didnt eat all the time and when you get preg just eat right and you shouldnt gain much i lost 11lbs from my per preg weight and i had only gain 9lbs back so for but i also walk alot around but dont push your self to far and know when to stop and good luck
    Anonymous