has anyone ever broke into your house?

what did you do? did they get away ?

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes. after my first was born my mom came out for a week. we left to take her to the airport, and she being a small town girl didnt think anything of leaving the guest window wide open. someone broke in stole a ton of stuff including some heirloom rings.

hubby was sooooo pissed. i was upset but I just looked at that beautiful baby and all was put into perspective.

We filed insurance and got paid. Still cant make up for the sentiment of the times. but oh well.
    Anonymous

• No. But my house was broken into before we moved in. You can see that the door frame is all damaged from being kicked in. My neighbors house got robbed last year right after christmas but I think it was a relative. They never found out for sure. But he had a house full of guests and it was too hot so they cracked open a window. Eventually they shut the window but forgot to lock it. The next night a car pulls up in the alley, someone sneaks through the yard and into that same window. The footprints in the snow went straight to that window. I think only someone who was in the house would have known it was open and that he would be working that night. The police did scare the crap out of me when they banged on my door at 3AM to ask if I saw anything. They didn't ring the bell, just bang like their breaking in. I was sleeping! And if I saw anything do they think I would just watch and not call 911?

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• "broken" not broke.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Anon if your going to be correcting everyone, when are you going to get any sleep? You have a long night ahead of you. Head over to the "people are so stupid" question. It will keep you busy for awhile.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It happened to our family when I was about five. My parents were certain that the robbers put some kind of gas in our ventilation system to keep us all asleep, because they had opened my bedroom door and my brother's, and neither of us woke. My brother was normally a light sleeper who would say "bless you" if you sneezed in a room down the hall!

The robbers actually took drawers out of my mom's dresser and emptied them in the living room downstairs, looking for her good jewelry. They stole her wedding and engagement rings.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes, It was horrible, they took everything of value.
    Anonymous