Did you fight with your mom when you were a teen?

If so, what did you fight about?
Me and my mom had some epic battles over clothes, music, makeup...pretty much anything and everything, but those
were the main ones.
And it wasn't because what I liked was inappropriate or indecent.
It was simply because she didn't like what I liked...
And I still don't get this to this day, even though I have 2 daughters of my own.
We are entirely different people. They will not like everything I like, and I won't like everything they like.
Take for example, Hannah Montana, iCarly, Suite Life of Zack and Cody. These things are designed for kids their age, so I'm not supposed to like it. But that doesn't mean that they should be banned from it. Hell, my mom didn't like Full House. She said
the kids were brats, and set a bad example...but she never even
watched the show!!!!
Kids need to be free to choose what they like apart from what mom and dad like!

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 11:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• The divorce. She didnt handle it well at all. Every battle we had that I remember was over me having to spend everyother night in a different bed (mom vs. dad). Yah like that is a smart thing to do to a teenager. Or her shitty choices of men to date... or that she even dated.

I have issues with my teenager... but they are the normal ones.... clean the room, clothing, homework etc.
    Anonymous

• A little bit I guess. But with my mom, there was no arguing. She meant what she said, case closed. I never challenged her about it. That's the one thing I most respect my mom for: she didn't give in to my teenage whims. She had wisdom on her side.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes we argued a lot. We argued about me going out, dating, what time to come back, yada yada yada. Cleaning my room was never an issue, I was always a cleanfreak. Homework was never an issue I was always a straight A-Honors student.

We are Hispanic and it comes with the territory I guess. Being conservative is part of our culture. I am very close to my mom now that I am a mom too. I married the year I graduated from college and 2 grand babies later the fights are all history.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The only time me and my mom got into it was when I was 18. I was just talking to her, and all the sudden she said "if your going to talk to me like that....then don't talk to me at all". I didn't realize that I had an attitude with her, and once she said something I cleaned up my act. Other then that, I was a good kid that listened and never had a reason to fight with her
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Didn't we all!!! I love my mom to death but we are worlds apart in mostly everything this is why we clashed, but not enough to make a dent in our relationship.

Answer by older at 7:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I argued with my father more than my mother and those arguements were more about physics homework than anything else as my dad had a Ph.D in Physics and he was in disagreement with what my HS Physics teacher was teaching.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2010