Why can't I stop crying?

My husband has went on his deployment and everytime I see on the news a military member has lost their life I just start crying and can't stop. I watched Brothers and cried through the entire movie. Sometimes I feel like something horrible is going to happen to him and it makes me so sad almost depressed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe you shouldnt be watching those types of movies and when they mention something about the war on the news change the channel for a few minutes. I know how hard it is to have a SO gone during deployment and that fear never goes away. Try your best not to thinking about it as well. I'm sorry thatits a hard time for you. I hope things get better
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It's most likely because you really love him (= i know it sounds like one of those DUHH answer's, but seriously its obvious that you love him, and you cant help that your terrified of the bad things you see and hear when it comes to him, i personally dont know the exact feeling, but i know how it feels to be terrified for your SO, and yourself and family. I think you need to steer clear of those things for awhile, as they do upset you, but if for whatever reason you do keep watching these things, just think positive, things are hard, but i hope they get better (=
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Hello, I know the feeling very well. My husband is only 28 and has deployed 8 times with a special operations group....scary but you have to be positive. Not sure if you are a believer but prayer and faith go along way.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 4:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You can't stop crying b/c you love your husband and he's in a terrible situation over which you have no control and you can't talk to him to know he's ok. It's perfectly normal. I do agree, though, that maybe you should avoid those types of movies and maybe change the channel when that kind of news comes on. It might help a little. Another thing you can try is to send him an e-mail every day or every other day, even if he doesn't get it right away. It allows you to say the things you want to say to him, and gives him something to look forward to when he can get online.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• stop watching that stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree with anon 821- do what you can to avoid stuff like the movie brothers.
    are there places near you where you can see about a support group for military families?

I hear ya! I've got a BIL in the airforce and he's just a reservist and everytime he goes away (not often) I'm a huge worrying mess!
    I don't know how you ladies do it!
    Anonymous