In your opinion, which would have been the worst: slavery or the concentration camps

I mean obviously ( mostly) black people will think slavery was, and jewish people will say the camps were...

what do you think would have been the worst to be apart of and why...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i'll say both, you really cant compare the both, they were both horrible
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• slavery
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 12:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Agree with Mommy of two...can't compare the two...BUT, I will, since you asked us to...I believe that the Holocaust was worse. Why? People were ripped out of their homes, away from their family, jobs, lives and loaded into train cars. Starved throughout the winter in the concentration camps as they watched helplessly as their fellow countrymen and women were shot, killed and burned....just for being Jewish. What makes this worse than slavery? People admit that slavery happened. There are still some people that(and I am not kidding here) think that the Holocaust didn't happen.

Does that make slavery an less horrific? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! In both cases these HUMAN BEINGS were completely stripped of not only their dignity and pride, but their FREEDOM. There is NO PERSON on God's green Earth that is better or more of a person than the other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I believe the question is too offensive to answer

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• how is it offensive
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Both too horrible to compare
    missvicky

Answer by missvicky at 1:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The concentration camps WERE a form of slavery...they were work camps. Work before death.

Just two varieties of the same evil.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think it's inappropriate to compare suffering.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think that is really a tough comparison to make. They were both horrible and people were tortured and killed in both situations.I can't decide just on one which I would think was worse.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Both still exist on the African continent. I wish we could get one of sufferers from both and ask him/her. This isn't a thing of the past. It is still being practiced ironically enough by blacks. America is, however, the only country brought to task over it even though it has been over in America for almost 150 years. Go ask someone with first hand experience since it doesn't have to be hypothetical.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2010