Would you get pregnant if....

Would you get pregnant if you worked away from home and would not see your child more than 2-3 days a week?
I know someone who is expecting and works as a regional sales person. She travels all over her state and is away from home 4-5 nights a week. She has 8 weeks maternity leave, but after that she is leaving the baby with her husband and in-laws.
It is definitely not something I would do, so I am wondering if any other moms would do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ouch, that would be hard! I don't think I could do it and I wouldn't want to either. Not being home at night to snuggle your baby...How sad!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Personally, No. I don't believe a mother should ever work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes, I would have gotten pregnant since I would know I have help from people I trust. However, that said, after having my daughter I didn't want to spend a single minute away from her. So, I wonder if your friend will change her work schedule.
    lilac83

Answer by lilac83 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• NOPE! NO WAY!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yeah, why not? My DH is in regional sales also and travels quite a bit. I stay at home so it works for us. If she has the help then I don't see a problem with it. Successful people can also have kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No. i don't think i could do that. I hope that i can be a sahm for up to 2 years after i have a baby.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I would because of my desire to have children. However I don't think its the best situation to be in as a mother. She may decide to change her position once she starts missing her child.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• no way, i couldnt stand being away from my children for that long, but i guess some mothers can do it or have to do it to support their LOs
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Good for her for supporting her own children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2010