my 3yr old son tells me he doesn't like me :(

and it makes me want to cry! he's said it twice now, both times because i made him do something he wasn't very fond of, but still :( anyone else dealing with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I use to be like that too when my daughter first started saying things like that....tonight she even told me that I am the mean one and her daddy is the nice parent lol......its just a stage that they will grow out of
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• oh yea. kids will say that. ...and it's okay to not always like somebody. he is entitled to his feelings. When my sons say something like that i tell them "That's okay because i ALWAYS LOVE YOU!" : )
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• my 5 year old does that, and he also tells me that if I yell at him again that he is going to run outside and never come back and stuff like that. But after he's over getting intouble, he always wants kisses and to be held. That is the only way the know how to let you know that they don't like things. Don't take it to heart
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• oh heck.... just wait until they are teenagers and mean it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• LOL I hear that from my 3.5 year old son too!! When I make him pick up his toys or something. Dont' take it personally, that's just their way of venting emotions they don't know how to deal with. At that age they also don't get how strong that word is. If you kid doesn't hate you at some point then you not really parenting are you!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It means you're doing your job, mom! You'll hear it a lot. But if you say, "OK< I'll go away and find you another mommy," he'll hang on to you so tightly you won't be able to breathe!

It's fine. REALLY.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Nice comment gdiamante i like it!!! I have a 2 year old so im just waiting.ROFL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2010