do you consider mac'n'cheese real food.

I have some 8 yr old kids over for a sleep over, and was going to prepare dinner. I asked what they wanted and they said mac'n'cheese. I said well I was going to make dinner, what kind of dinner food sounds good... they looked at me as if I was nuts. I guess their family considers that actual food. Do you? And to top it off one of them wanted hot dogs in it... can you think of a grosser combination???? It never would have occured to me to even put those things together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom used to put ground meat or hotdogs in the mac and cheese and then call it "macaroni stuff" ...YUCK!

I consider it real food if you make it from scratch (which i never have). But i was raised with it being defined as a real food.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Hot dogs in mac n cheese is nasty, but hot dogs, all beef or not. are just nasty in general! I do love mac n cheese, though. My daughter and I eat that every day for lunch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I had Mac n Cheese with hot dogs as a kid. Its good but I will not feed it to my kids because there is so much food that is good and healthy but oh well. Its not like their mom is bad because she feeds them junk.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• back in the day I cooked like that. not anymore!! everything I make is from scratch these days due to allergies. Dairy, Gluten, egg, nuts, and a few more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I suppose it's a cheap way for low income families to feed their children? Does your son hang out with a lot of poor kids? Not a big deal, at least they are getting fed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Um well a box of nasty powdered cheese sauce etc no not a healthy meal - But made from scratch with real cheese, milk or cream, pasta etc, yes why not- it is basically Cabonara Pasta without the bacon. There are much much worse things they could eat.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• LOL...really what kind of food is it if it isn't "real"? Its pasta, cheese, butter and milk. Of course homemade with wheat pasta is healthier and more fullfilling than the little boxes of nothingness but its still food and very common in many households.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• homemade yes. noodles with radioactive orange goop, hell no. i used to eat it all the time as a teen, with hot dogs and all, but now it's not allowed in my house. nasty nasty nasty.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I say if it stops you from being hungry its food. At one point I could not afford to be so choosey.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Never had but it does sound interesting. Read

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2010