How does it make you feel when someone refers to your child as a "corpse"?

What is not to understand about human compassion for others by not using such terms? If you have never lost a child, you will never know that pain. I have not lost a child and even I would never be so insensitive to refer to someone's baby that has passed as a "corpse".

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Where is this coming from? I would never call someone's child who has passed a corpse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Some people think it's ok. See this post Here

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• See what you mean - The word corpse is harsh and ugly. Very sad to dehumanise a little person. Sadly that is the world we live it - lets call it ethnic cleansing not murder, tht is the cleaned up, sanitised version of our time
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Ugh! I just read through all of it. Terrible!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• If the child is deceased. Then it is a corpse.
    Sorry that may sound harsh. But it is the reality.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• They way it reads at least from how i understood it was that the term "corpse" was used to describe what type of picture as in a picture of a baby when they were alive or a picture of a baby after they passed away (which is when the word corpse was used).

You make it sound like they used it in a mean hurtful way , they didn't. a picture of a dead body is a picture of a corpse and that was the point they were trying to make. At least that is how I understood it.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I understand that a dead body IS called a corpse, but what kind of an unfeeling robot would refer to someone's child that way? That's like a doctor having no bedside manners! The word itself leans toward offensive, even if it is true. Would you refer to someone's child as "retarded" even if it is technically true? I think people can get a little overly sensitive about some things, but who does it hurt to have a little compassion when someone is already hurting?
    BritRose

Answer by BritRose at 3:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I do not see why that would come up in a conversation any ways.

Answer by louise2 at 5:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It is a bit crude to do that although technically this is what it is, it is very insensitive to refer to a deceased baby as such.
    You know I worked as a pat time photographer many years ago, I use to do the first photos of baby in the maternity ward of local hospitals. Many times I was asked to take pictures of deceased babies and I never understood the why behind it. Some babies were malformed and really grotesque looking, then some were fully formed and beautiful, but I still had a problem understanding. The photo I later understood is the validity of their pregnancies, something to hold on to in the mist of their lost.

Answer by older at 7:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have not lost a child

And yet you continue to insist on telling those of us who have how you think we feel. Get over yourself already. A dead body is a corpse. A picture of a dead body is a picture of a corpse. Do yourself a favor and quite advocating for something while you're behind. If you had lost a child, maybe you would understand what that conversation was about - namely what the impact is of randomly stumbling across a picture of a baby's corpse with no warning. I notice there was another poster who mentioned how absolutely traumatic it was to run into those pictures, and how she had to give up the CM games that involve visiting other people's profiles because of the trauma. I also notice you completely ignored her to keep bitching about how I refer to your non-existent child.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2010