What kind of relationship do you have with your kids?

Are you close to them? Do they come to you and talk to you about anything and everything? What sort of activities do you do with them as a family, and if you have more than one child, do you have one-on-one time with each of them on a regular basis?
I have three kids, ages 8, 10, & 12. We are pretty close, I suppose. When they are with me (shared custody w/their dad) we watch movies, color, go to the park, play games, and that sort of thing as a family. On their birthdays, I spend the day with just them. They love the one-on-one time with me, and I think it makes us closer. And it's special because it doesn't happen that often.
In the summer we go to the beach or the pool, since it's really too hot to go to the park.
What are some other fun activities you do with your child/ren?

chavela_carlita

Asked by chavela_carlita at 1:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I feel that I am close to my children, They do come to me and talk to me about things that bother them. I try really hard to give each of my 3 kids one on one attention. That is not always easy but I work very hard at it. I am scout leader for one of my sons, My husband helps coach soccer for our other son and with my daughter I am with her for her dance classes but we also have mommy and daughter lunches. I try to make a point of taking each of my children away from the house alone so we can talk, hang out or take care of things we need to do for just that child.
    As a family we spend alot of time together, we co camping, plan vacations that keep us interacting with each other and we do movie nights.
    My DH put it best tonight at dinner, he said "your not a typical mom, you dont drop the kids at activities and leave, you stay and you are involved and know what is happening" It made me feel good and my kids agreed with him.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I know that iam close to him,because whenever he sees me and i have been gone he is happy to see me.I read alot to him,we play and he tells me his stories,i dont know im not a regular mom...i color his milk with food coloring to make it more intersting,i do anything creative with him really is the honest truth. Im his teacher really..we currently are learning ASL again as a family.Im married to his father and we are just a fun,crazy unperfect family :) This kiddo has the big imaginition i think its all them books and the fact he has no t.v.lol he is bright as heck for sure.We have huge parties every other year because we have a huge church family..he is funny and all boy,i love it and yes he tells me what happens very often he is a little over 3 and tells me he will fly plaines when he grows up,tells me "mommy i love you soooo much" i have to say im very involved in his life,im beyond careful about his surroundings.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have two sons who I call the guys would like to have a third but I doubt it will happen So i call them the alpha and omega. I am always here for them and we go places because we always have they are so great.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have 3 sons; 26, 23, and 15. We have always been pretty close. They don't tell me everything, but they come to me or their dad with most things. As long as we are in on the big important stuff, they can have their private stuff. We have always been involved with Boy Scouts, camping, skeet shooting, fishing, going to NASCAR races, riding dirt bikes/4-wheelers, restoring anything old, the marching band, any sport they wanted to play, snow skiing, water sports, and long lazy weeks at the beach. We always take a family vacation every year. We are involved with the extended family, helping on my dad's livestock farm, and looking after medically fragile grandparents until their death. Being a member of a family isn't an accident. You are born into a family, but being a member of it is deliberate. We deliberately made an interactive family.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2010