Has anybody ever been on Wellbutrin to quit smoking?

Did it work for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• DH tried it and it didnt work, it just made him feel emotionally numb, he hated the way he felt on it and stopped taking it. I also had a friend who used it and it didnt work for her either, she had the same complaint.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Thanks! So not the answer I was hoping to get. I took my first pill today and now that you mention it I do feel very apathetic and numb. Hmmm..I have to give this a whirl, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It is supposed to be used to treat major deppresion so that is why you will get that numb feeling if your taking it and not depressed. Personally I am always a little bothered when a medication that is developed for one use starts being used for something completely different, it doesnt always work out well.

Good Luck I hope you can quit I know how hard it is been there done that :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:43 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My father did. I didn't work and he went off the pills without doing it slowly like the doctors told him to. He went into a full on rage in the middle of a family trip. It was like he was the Incredible Hulk! He was throwing things and screaming and turning red, veins bulging.... It was freaky - and my Dad is sooo not like that, especially not on vacation!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i didnt know it was used to quit smoking, my husband is on it for his ADHD.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2010