your favorite pagan book

What is your favorite book? And why? What would you think is good for beginners? What do you think more advanced pagan would like book wise also?

My favorite book for a beginner is Scott Cunningham's Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. It was my first Book on wicca my mom and dad bought it for me when i was just 16. Still have the old thing LOL.

The book im reading now is The real witches kitchen by Kate West. Its good so far i like.

So ladies what your favorite pagan books?

Christine113

Asked by Christine113 at 6:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Uncle Bucky's Big Blue Book. Aka Raymond Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft.
    A Witches Beverages and Brews by Patrica Telesco.
    I have a whole bunch of others but those have been my favorites.

I will honestly say though I started out reading TeenWitch by Silver Ravenwolf and I wouldn't really recommend that to anyone.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think that Raymond Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft gives a great what the Neopagan movement was like near the beginning, so it is quite useful for information even if it has nothing to do with how you practice your religion/witchcraft. Most Pagan books, while I might find some things inspiring & useful, end up disappointing me because the authors use false premises or have nothing to relate except their own personal visions and experiences presented as if they are facts. In all honesty I find reading ancient histories, mythology recorded in it's earliest form, & the observations of historians and archaeologists about ancient religion to be far more practically useful than actual books for Pagans by Pagans.

Anonymous

• The Witches' Goddess and the Witches' God by Stewart and Janet Farrar.  Great reference books.  Great for Newbie to Crone/Sage. 

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010