Are you so paranoid/scared that you'd allow yourself to be microchipped?

This is a bit of a knock-off post from one I just read from yesterday.I saw some saying they'd get chipped and think it is a great idea.Would you really? Or is it just talk for the shock factor? Some gave the reasoning of thinking it would keep them safer from criminals (I assume).Why would you allow youselves to have that object implanted into your body just for the sake of feeling more secure? Do you think that one day it would be abused? Or do you fully trust the government and think they alway's have your best interest at heart? Do you not know how to protect/defend yourself and family?

several questions there i'm just intrigued/curious..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't read that post because I just assumed that most people would say "Heck NO!!" I guess I was wrong! I would not want a microchip, even though I've got nothing to hide I agree that it's too easy to think of scenarios where it could be abused. An implant is so permanent, I just can't see it.

I'd understand wearing a secret chip so I could be located by GPS in an emergency, but something that a person would have the freedom to remove at any time.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't get a chip for security reasons. When I wanted to feel more secure I got a concealed carry permit..my little darling is just like American Express..."I never leave home without it."

There are a lot of different products with GPS available these days. Bracelets, on the shoelace and necklace styles are being used for those with autism and alzheimers.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think they were serious - sadly...

They are under the impression it will make them easy to locate and save if they or their child are ever lost or kidnapped. Uh huh; til the kidnappers start cutting them out of women & childrens' bodies to avoid being found. One person replied and said she read my comment to that effect but she really believed they'd be found before that happened?

Really? Actually as soon as they figure it out; that's going to be the first thing they do; you might find some lost kids faster; but not stolen children.

Someone else also brought up the Anti-Spy legislation from the 70's I think it was where the gov't is expressly forbidden from spying on it's own citizens; as for their claim the Patriot Act makes it legal; if something is unconstitutional; it can not be legal!!
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't think I'd feel safer with a gun. If that is what works for you then I think that's great. I feel like if I had a gun and I was being attacked, my attacker would just get the gun from me. I'm just not the sort that should have a gun, and I know it.

I keep my wits about me when I'm out in public. I don't park next to sketchy vans, if a sketchy car is parked next to mine when I come out of a store I enter from the opposite side. I am always aware of my surroundings. When I enter my car I close the doors and lock them immediately. I always check my car before entering to make sure no one is in it. It sounds paranoid, but I'm petite and female so I have to have my guard up.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• How would having a "tracking device" implanted in me keep me safe from criminals. This is just high tech tattooing. The Nazi's would have micro-chipped if they had the technology - I can almost guarantee it. No, I wouldn't willingly allow myself to be micro-chipped.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• people need to read The Gift of Fear.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm scared to be microchipped. I don't trust the government and I don't want to be tracked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• You are so paranoid and scared that you would allow yourself to be wiretapped and profiled

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• 2010 by: Carpy
    people need to read The Gift of Fear.

OMG, I totally agree. I love that book.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• There is no way I am letting anybody put anything like that in me. There is no need for them to. I have done well so far in keeping my self and my family safe just through excellent safety precautions. Like someone in the other post mentioned, most criminals would probably just find a way to cut the chip out of you before doing whatever they were intending on doing in the first place. No thank you!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2010