Would you worry about it?

Do you ever wonder if your child is feeling cold even though you know you put a jacket in their backpack I mean I try not to worry about it but with this weather we have been having here in Tx. I am not sure sometimes one week it is cold (they wear pants, jeans, long sleeves) and another week it is hot so they dress cool (appropiate for school) but I stick their jackets in there anyway just incase it gets too cold in the school. Well this morning felt ok a tad cool but comfortable like the sun will soon be out and it will get hot..so I dressed them in shorts and a nice top well as some of the kids were being dropped off I was noticing that most of them wore pants and a jacket... :(
I felt so bad bc I couldn't help stop thinking about inside the school sometimes they can have it soooo brrrr cold in there. I remember one time in school back in my day this one class was always so cold that I could not concentrate... Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You could try watching the news the night before or in the morning to check what the weather will be, thats what I do. My son has even become accustomed to waiting to get dressed until weve watched the weather in the morning.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't dress my kids.

they wear what they want and if they're cold....dress warmer tomorrow.

they do wear a spring coat, or a hoodie though.

but of course we're in Canada when it can be above 0 in the morning and -10 in the afternoon.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Our school heating system was messed up. The air that was blown out in summer was hot. In winter it blew out cold air. It was always too uncomfortable in the classroom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I send a hoodie with my son in the morning. If he doesn't wear it, I don't waste my time worrying about it.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:35 AM on Apr. 7, 2010