how do i find a baby sitter?

I really don't want to pay one of thoughs web sits. I'm looking for a baby sitter in lexington park!

Rorys-mom

Asked by Rorys-mom at 9:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am an at home babysitter and I do a lot of my advertising on craigslist. You can try looking there.Just be careful..there are looneys out there...but I know I'm not one of them and I post on there so thats why I'm reccomending it.Just use your best judgement while interviewing. You can go to your local highschool and ask if you can post an ad in the office if you are looking for a highschool sitter.
    Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• friends kids, this way you know the family. Also your church may have a list of baby sitters. (teen group)

Also when you find someone, start with two hours and pop-in on them to see if they have change the baby's diaper.

sitters are hard to find, Good Luck.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My daughter is a Daisy (a young Girl Scout). In the beginning of this year an e-mail went out to all Daisy parents with a list of all the older Girl Scouts who are baby sitters. I thought that was a great baby sitting resource. Can you contact your local Girl Scouts and ask if such a list exists in your area?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Or you can contact the local high school. They will let you know if anyone is looking to babysit.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I found mine through another Mom,, I also found a good one at the grocery store,,, I go to the same store and the cashier always was really nice to my son, I asked her if she ever babysat and it has been awesome!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I found mine on craigslist and she is amazing! I spent several hours on several different occasions getting to know her and making sure I was comfortable with her, and we've been with her for over a year and a half now. I think other moms are actually the best resource though, if one of your friends who you know and trust will trust someone with her kids, I think that's the best vote of confidence. I just don't have any friends who work outside the home and have young kids in my area :) Good luck!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't know where you live. I live in Texas. We have a website you can go to, to find sitters. You can find licensed, registerd, or both. I found my sitter on this website. I'm sure they have it for other states too. I know they do for Colorado because my cousin found her sitter on there too. This website tells you what each sitter has been sited for if ever, etc. I was paying $100 a week for a sitter that was not registard. I had to take my baby's formula, baby food, juice, etc. I ended up wanting to switch because she didn't keep a clean house, so I went to this site and found her current sitter. Because she is licensed with the state, all I bring is diapers and wipes. She supplies all of her food, drink, and snacks, and I pay the same amount I did for the other one($100). Her home is clean and she is inspected by the state.
    http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/
    bskelly

Answer by bskelly at 12:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2010