Would you let a general doctor continue to do this or will you go to a specialist???

Ok I am due for a stress test this year but soon well our general doctor has everything in his facility and does the test then gets sent out for the results, I was just wondering how accurate is the general doctor oppose to a cardiologist?

Is the general doctor do it for the money? (well there are some quack doctors out there)

Or should I just go straight to that field of a doctor (a specialist)?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• Even a specialist will often have the results sent out to be analyzed as a specialist practice is usually very busy and there are labs that have Doctors that specifically analyze results of all sorts of tests, stress, etc.  I'd ask WHERE the results are sent and WHY he chooses that particular place.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My mil had hers done by her general practitioner. She had a test done that the Dr was a little concerned about the results. He wanted to do more tests, which was fine. But, she was getting ready to take a trip (to come visit us, actually), so she waited to have it done when she went back.

She had the second set of tests done at her General Practitioners, and because of the results, he sent her straight to the hospital and had the cardiologist meet them there and they did surgery.

The Drs - both the G.P and also the Cardiologist. It was our family's understanding that even if the cardiologist had done the first tests, the results would have been the same, in pretty much the same amount of time.

But, that was just our family's experience. I guess it's going to depend on how good your Dr is, and what sort of working relationship s/he has with the other Drs.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2010