how long after a d and c do you have to wait to have sex again. Also is it true that you are more fertile after a d and c

angelfish1977

Asked by angelfish1977 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes it is true you are more fertile,,, I had to wait 2 weeks before having sex, but my doc suggested waiting 3 months before trying to get PG again, I am sorry for your loss!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes your are very fertile and it took me 4 weeks before we were able to have sex (6wks) for c-section.
    We did it in 3wks my gyno was not to happy he was like ok let's see if you did any damage....thank goodness we were ok but damn that heat of passion my dh kept messing with me and I gave in...oh but it was so worth...lol (we took it really slow) and carefully...but I wouldn't recommend it only bc the doctor knows best and you are still healing from inside you want to make sure you are A...OK. GL (listen to your doctor) we were just lucky
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i agree with kimigogo
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• not that i am fully ready to get pregnate again. But just wondering i was 8 weeks pregnate and kept telling everyone that something was wrong no one wanted to belive me just thought i was overeacting but at 5 and half weeks the baby had passed its so hard i had the d and c on friday. i am 32 and feel like its never going to happen
    angelfish1977

Answer by angelfish1977 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Hi sweetie, it will happen for you! I don't want to go in to my horror stories,,,,but every miscarriage I had someone said, oh it is God's will, or it happens for a reason. It made me crazy, but let me tell you my one and only DS was born at 38 after I had given up! You will be blessed,,and just try to focus on what will happen not was already has! HUGGLES to you!!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010