What should I expect at the airport?

I haven't flown like in forever it has been almost 8 yrs. I know things has changed so what can I expect? (How much to pack and what not to pack) Thanks

I have implants now hehehe and kind of embarrassed togo through their xray machine...lol Do you think they will be able to tell?
Help/Embarrassed...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your toiletries that are in your carry on have to be 3oz or less and in a small ziplock bag that you'll need to remove when you go through the gate checkpoint. You'll have to take your shoes off and they'll get scanned. Best bet is to look at your airline's website for what you can and cannot take on in carry on. Etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree with the pp. Your airline's website would be the best place to look for info as to what you can and can't pack. As far as the 3 oz or less - not only does it have to be that size, it can't be in a bigger, partially empty bottle, either. So like, no 5 oz but half full bottle...

The ziplock bag is a quart size (or at least it was as of last summer). If you have liquid makeup, perfume, etc, that has to fit in there, too.

As far as the implants, honestly, I don't think they're going to be able to tell. Plus, keep in mind, you're literally in these huge long lines, and they pass so many people through, they really aren't going to think much about it (as far as implants go) either way.

Oh - something else - there are metal detectors and all that, you have to empty pockets, etc, so I wouldn't wear a lot of jewelry, etc. that you're going to have to take off, put back on, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I just got back from vacation yesterday where we flew. The lines were long and crazy, so be sure to get there early. Also, every airline is different, so do as the other ladies suggested and get on the airline website to find out specific information about what you can/can't pack. Keep in mind NO liquids over 3 oz, period, they will take them from you! :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Have everyone wear slip on shoes. It's much easier than having to stop and tie shoes. If they can tell you have implants, who cares? They must see plenty every day. Just keep going.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2010