How hard was it to make the switch?

From the crib to the toddler bed. Did they get up and down a lot, and what about them waking up and coming out of their room without waking you? What did you do to make the transition easy.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i shut the door (no didnt lock her in there) and she would scream and cry and if she fell asleep on the floor she would wake up and get on her bed. they will eventually figure out the bed is more comfortable than the floor and i always put her back in bed when she woke up and climbed into my bed. that worked for me and i told my friend the same thing and it worked for her
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It really depends on the parent and the child if you are head strong about making that big switch then stick to your guns and say you are now moving to a big kid bed and you need to stay in it and if and when the child crawls into your bed make sure you get up right away and tuck them back in their bed you might have to do this numerous times a night or weeks until they get it...bc once you cave in it is that much harder to break that habit...I know I went through that so then my dh had to jump in and take care of it but don't get me wrong their will be times where your dh won't be there and you precious child wants to lay with you and you can't help yourself and you'll find yourself cuddling next to them too and don't forget to say we can only do this when daddy is not here (our secret)...give them a cuddle a kiss and drift off to lala land...GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My girl took the transition surprisingly well. I know I was lucky because she was climbing out of her crib, but would stay in the toddler bed.

I think it helped that we had her watch my husband take down the crib bars, and re-arrange the parts to make it a toddler bed. And we tried to keep everything else familiar - same bedding, same bedtime routine, etc.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 12:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2010