Where are they now?

Great call libs.
Cuba has released photos of one-time exile cause celebre Elian Gonzalez wearing an olive-green military school uniform and attending a Young Communist Union congress.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ET4SA00&show_article=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh for the love of Pete! The child is ruined. How very sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• eye rolling

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• That story was so sad. I don't think most people, be they liberal or conservative, agreed with the decision to invade his home and send him back to his Cuban father after his mother had lost her life bringing him here. IDK how they came to their decision, but I'm sure it was a complicated one for the courts, involving messy custody and international implications. I think the father always has more rights than extended family... no?
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think the father always has more rights than extended family... no? Unless his father were a criminal. Why should we be concerned with this boy's life path at this point? Has he publicly proclaimed dangerous and criminal intentions against the US?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What if your spouse took your child from you and fled to another country and they died? Would you expect to get your child back or let them stay there with people they barely know to be raised? Look at the father who has been fighting to get his son back from Brazil he missed out on 5 years. We don't want children being taken from us like that and we don't want our political affiliation or where we are from to determine if we are good parents and should have our children.  The courts did the right thing.  I do think taking him out of the home the way they did was wrong.  Unless the father was abusing the child he deserved to have custody.  I don't care for Cuba and despise communism but I don't think those two things should separate a child from their parent.  Feel free to bash me if you must.lol

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What do you expect? Thats just how the children in Cuba are brought up.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• True libs want to bring half of Cuba to live over here and subsidize them with Social Security, housing and food benefits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Cuban regime is using him as a poster child, has been brainwashed, which is what his mother died for to prevent this from happening. What do Libs have to do with any of this?

Answer by older at 12:01 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• What do Libs have to do with any of this? Apparently, libs elected Obama. Some ppls' world stop spinning in Nov 2008. Can not cope- All negative stories will be connected to Libs. I'll bet there's many libs who love the hourly attention :)

Anonymous

• I never cared about Elian Gonzalez. I had forgotten about him until he resurfaced in the news as a communist supporter. Cuba can have him!
    Anonymous