how can I get my 9 month old twins to sleep through the night?

jsmomof4

Asked by jsmomof4 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait until they are mature enough and they will sleep.

For all time human babies have breastfed and slept next to their mothers. They have woke at night and nursed. If they were not next to their mothers they would cry their horrible cries to let people know they were all alone. In most of the world babies still do this. It is hardwired in human babies' brains.

It can take generations or even thousands of years to change hardwiring. They are doing what is normal.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I imagine it's harder with twins, and I really don't have any advice for you, I'm sorry! I started sleep training mine from birth and by 2 months all 4 of them were sleeping 8 hours/night, by 6 months they were sleeping 12 hours/night so I know it's possible but I can't imagine how you would start working on it at 9 months without some degree of crying (which would probably wake the other twin!)

Answer by missanc at 1:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Honest? You can't. They will do it when they are ready to. It's developmental and if your twins were early they may not be ready for a long time. Sleep training doesn't do anything if the baby isn't READY to sleep.

Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" though...it's very reassuring.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010