Can you breastfeed and drink slim fast does any one know..thanks

I can not find online if I can or not I only breastfeed at night and maybe once a day she takes a bottle in the day but I just want to be safe thanks for any help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What is in slim fast these days? I would have to look at the ingredients, but most low-calorie meal replacements are fine, as long as they don't have stimulants in them.

I would use muscle milk light. I know that those are safe, and they taste really good. Try out the Mocha Joe.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• wow I just looked it up thanks so much I will try that

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• As long as you are still getting @2500 calories (healthy) per day and it doesn't have stimulants, then you should be fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I actually asked this question about a year ago, lol. Mostly the answers I got were no don't try it. If you look at the ingredients you'll see why. Slim Fast has some funky things in it! However, it's up to you. I drink coffee and Diet Dr. Pepper, in moderation, while breastfeeding and so far it hasn't affected my children :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 12:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010