Dauhgter that will be 2 in June...won't let me brush her teeth or show her how to do it right.

She does not let me know brush her teeth at all..She wants to do it by herself but when she does it she don't brush all her teeth or sometime she just brushes her tongue...So I even bought a electric toothbrush so when she does brush maybe it cud help her out but i dunno..
I made her 1st dentist appointment it's in june so hopefully I can figure out what to do...

Is anyone else having this problem?!?!?! If so what do u do about it?

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her watch you brush yours. Mine was back and forth with it. The dentist will show you a position to where she sits on your lap facing you and you lean her back to where the dentist or your husband is across from you. The dentist holds her mouth open and brushes them that way. It's kinda holding her down but it works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• The electric toothbrush was a good idea. Maybe try singing a song and she can't stop until you are done? I did that with my daughter. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• We went to the tooth brush dept and let my son pick out everything he wanted to he would be interested in it. then one evening when grandma was over she made a big fuss out of showing him how she does it. Learning from someone other than us he loved. Now he says "I use dora and brush like g-ma." Basically my son would criy and scream if I did his teeth but he wasnt doing a good job so we just took a day and made a big fuss out of doing it like a big boy and when g-ma came over she continued in the fuss and he has been a champ ever since. Kinda like the potty training books say only adapted for teeth. Goodluck
    Owensmom07

Answer by Owensmom07 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I figure that if they are putting the brush in their mouth and moving it they are doing good. It is all about practice. They will learn in time. It is not like they will die if they don't brush right. My dd that will be 3 in June still does not do it right. And she has 5 other people to watch how to do it right. I found that you find your battles and unless the dentist says that her teeth are awful or you see something wrong then don't have a fit all of the time over it.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 3:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2010