how long should i wait until we put the crib together

What's too early

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would wait until around 32 - 35 weeks. I'm superstitious.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm 30 weeks and the crib has been up for a week :) I just wanted the piece of mind that if anything should happen early, everything was ready. Even though I know the baby will be in a bassinet for awhile, next to our bed, it's something about knowing her room is ready to be used that makes me feel better...
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 12:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Whenever you feel comfortable setting it up. There is no right or wrong time to do it. Some people set it up right away others wait till they are further along in the pregnancy. I set up our nursery once I hit 20 weeks. I had a friend that didn't set anything up till baby was home from the hospital.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 12:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I was 36/37 weeks before I even bought a crib. LOL So, yeah...I bought everything in the last month. Because I quit work then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I am 23 weeks now and was just thinking of that same question.. We just picked our crib up last night but I don't know when we will put it together..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2010