How can this still happen in this century?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/wpix-gay-exorcism-causes-outrage,1,5852673.story

Asked by older at 11:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • This is disgusting. Do any of you know why they stopped exorcism for a majority in the first place? It can cause people serious injury this is a reaction to energy and the brains reaction. This can kill a person regardless of whether or not the person is truly possessed. As for the homosexuality part you can't cast out a homosexual demon. The boy is not possessed science has proven it is natural not an illness. It can not be cured. So just except it.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• God PLEASE walk with me, because right now temptation is high
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I wonder what they did to cause the vomiting. I hope he recieves real help instead of this.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Fear, hate-mongerting, etc. This was an old video though. I'm not sure what became of the situation but I know it pissed off a hell of a lotta people.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• was the boy forced to participate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• anon, probably by his parents he was only 16 years old.

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• anon, 11:23, care to elaborate?

Answer by older at 11:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• until you can you say he refused and has the right to feedom of religion
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• anon :40 here, i got a telephone call as I was typing. Unless you can he refused *he* has the right to freedom of religion. There are tons of things I don't like about the Muslim Faith, Mormon Faith and Wiccans, but until I see someone being forced it goes with freedom of religion. It doesn't meant I like it, it just means our country has this concept and it we should allow it. Just like the FLDS, I would never pick that lifestyle, but they have a right to live as they wish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• anon, I think it is pretty safe to say that at 16, he was probably forced by his religious family, but I get your point.

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2010