How are we all born sinners if when we are born we can't even make decisions on whether or not to believe or accept Christ?

If a baby is born and they're not even given the chance to know Christ and they die at a young age, will they go to Hell since we are all born sinners?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I could be wrong but this is what my parents said. We are born sinners because of our parents sins. If they die young they will go to heaven because they are the "age of innocense"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• free will
    Anonymous

• free will

A baby doesn't even know what that means, so are you saying if a child dies it'll go to hell because of it's free will?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• the bible says ye born in sin and will die in sin. maybe you should pick up a bible some people on here don't have the answers
    let alone know what they are saying. they usually answer just to start something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Age of innocence or the age of accountability, I believe this applies to mentally handicap people as well.
    Anonymous

• oh i found out something very intesting when my daughter was going to be baptized. i didn;t even know this after 8yrs of catholic school. if a baby is going to die before being batized anyone who is baptized can put thebaby under water and baptize the baby in order for the baby not to go to hell. the reason why the baby is born a sinner is the orginal sin. actually i also heard from my family mostly my grandmother that a long time ago baby's weren't allowed outside before being baptized. its just if you believe in it i guess. i am not sure if actually answered the question but i hope i helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I hate the bible. It's just a man-made up bunch bull crap to get control over people. While I believe in God and Christ, I don't believe in what man interprets of them to teach us. It's all about how it works with their agenda, not God's.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• So are my miscarried children in hell because I couldn't baptize them?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Here is the way I see it. We are born with a rebellious nature. In other words, we don't have to teach our children how to want their own way and to disobey us. It comes naturally. We are not talking specifically about murdering and raping or even cursing since there are other factors to consider other than birth when it comes to those sins. But there are sins we learn from our parents as we grow, sins we learn from our environment that becomes like a "second nature" that we have to learn to rise above. And we can rise above it when we seek God and His truth.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• silly catholics believe that a baby wil go to hell if it's not baptized. other christians do not.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2010