Pulled/twisted muscle - what do you think?

Here's what happened - I was getting my mailbox from my parents house where I'd been storing it. It was standing up between the horse's fence and a heavy metal gate, so I had to hold the gate back and LIFT the mailbox up in the air, while twisting my back to get the mailbox out. Its not JUST the mailbox, im talking about the 5' post that stupid thing is on. Since then (Sat) my middle back has been killing me. It is hard to breathe, I cant turn my torso sideways, or do any back/oblique stretches as my back locks up. I cant even roll over in bed. I'm using my experience from past pregnancies where I was so big I could barely move, but now it is just I HURT so bad I can barely move. I tried to "pop" my back, and that's excruciating.
My q is - any one have any idea what I can do to make it stop hurting? Any idea what I did? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• well seeing a doctor really seems like the smart thing to do here, if not you could really injure yourself worse than you are, especially if you have torn something. there are so many things it could be...your doctor might start you on physical therapy or some meds to facilitate your recovery but i do know that no matter what it is you probably should take it easy so it can heal.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2010