If your child has a day bed or a twin, what do you do about sleep overs?

My little girl is about to turn 4 and we are thinking about buying her a bedroom suit and passing her toddler bed down to her little brother. Her room is too small for a full size bed. But, I was wondering what to do when she wants to have a friend sleep over if we get her a twin or a day bed? I don't want to get her a bunk bed because her little brother is a climber and I know he will climb on the top bed and jump off.

ThrivingMom

Asked by ThrivingMom at 11:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• sleep overs are fun w/ sleeping bags on the floor! can also do air mattress for little friends
    Anonymous

• you could do cots too. or have a one of those Dora, spongebob, ect. kiddie tents that you can take apart and put together when there are friends over and they can sleep inside with sleeping bags
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My son is 10 and he has an occassional friend spend the night. He has a twin bed. Once, he and a friend slept on his bed but with thier heads at opposite ends..which meant thier feet were in eachothers faces, ewwww! lol
    Then sometimes they will gather up a bunch of blankets,pile them on the floor and sleep on the floor in front of his tv. Sometimes..IF he promises to be quiet, I just let them hang out and sleep in the living room or the sun room on warm nights.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My daughter and her friends can sleep two on a twin bed. A pillow at either end works great.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Either foot to foot with heads at the top and bottom of the bed, or two sleeping bags on the floor "camp" style. Or purchase an inexpensive cot that can be stored under the bed or in a closet. An airmattress is another option, same options for storage, under the bed or in a closet.

It's no biggie for the kids, they just love being together during those gatherings.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• all three of mine have twin beds.

we have a rollaway cot thats stored in the basement.

or they just pile up in sleeping bags in the downstairs livingroom.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• They have twin beds with mattresses that fold underneath (I think they're called trundles). You could look into those.
    Anonymous

• My friends and I always shared or one kid slept on the couch.
    Anonymous

• we always slept on the couch or the floor for sleepovers. sometiems you can squeeze more than one on a bed. but it is more fun to watch movies and crash on the floor and couches in the living room
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• me and my friends always slept on the same bed LOL We could fit three on a twin
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2010