Jobs??

I am going crazy , was laid off last year and can not seem to find a job. I have looked at Ameriplan, Meloluca, and a few others posted here on cafemom and those are not for me. I don't have any family or friends to suck into buying stuff. Any ideas ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• real job. or get crafty and sell crap on craigslist or/and ebay...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Your best bet is probably to apply for jobs and not do a home business unless you can just watch a few kids from home.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• HI, I wanted to clear something up here. In a home business such as Ameriplan or Melaleuca, you don't HAVE to bug your family and friends to buy stuff. That's simply the warm market approach and lots of us DO NOT do that. Most of us get out there, do online and offline advertising, social networking, and lots of other things to bring in business. That's why it's called work-at-home. I'm sorry you feel these companies aren't for you. Try wahm.com/forum and look in the telecommute folder.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 5:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• There are Tons of Businesses out there where you don't have to talk to family and friends at all..I did Melaleuca for a year and a half but didnt do nearly as well as I did with Pre-Paid Legal Services which I am with right now and forever...I have already currently CLEARED more money in 5 months with PPL than in 1.5 years IN TOTAL with Melaleuca...99% of what I do is on the internet in fact, and if you are willing to commit yourself to working nearly as hard as your are trying to find a job you will do great! Iw ork about 20 hours a week and the only family member I have really spoken to is my dad...I currently do receive a FT income from them with working PT hours.
    In fact we are doing so well with the company that RIGHT NOW, until THURS I am offering 3 lucky people the chance to have the Associate part of the business (the biz kit) for FREE, yes on me..that's how sure I am of it! www.IDSafety.INFO ChristineF32@gmail.com
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• FIND REAL WORK @ HOME JOBS HERE.  Although you will see some adds for home based businesses you can fully tell the difference between a JOB and a business.

Get your resume ready this list is HUGE.

JOB search and advertising also available cheap!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

I only have 1 family member that buys. I never pushed my family to support my new business venture. I've made good money from selling to anyone and everyone!!! I haven't met anyone that didn't love Scentsy. It's easy and super fun.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I LOVE working from home. I HATED searching for a work at home job. I found some good ones finally.

Earn Money Online is a list of the places I like and a little information on them.

Everything is free. No stupid envelope stuffing scams! Nothing to sell!

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010