Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

financial assistance

A couple years ago my mom got on this program here in california where the governmevt gave her money to pay for our neighbor to watch my little sisters because she didnt make enough money, does anyone know what its called or how i would go about getting on it. No bashing im really in a bind, dont judge unless you know the whole story, which you dont.. Thank you for all your help


Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • If your child has a disability you may qualify for respite care. Developmental delays or even speech problems may be considered a disability. My youngest son qualified and I went to college classes while our respite care provider stayed with my 3 kids. He was a special ed major and was our provider for 4 years.

    If you think you might qualify, go to google and try to find organizations that you think might provide services for kids. Call any org and they might be able to tell you about an org that could help you. Another thing that most cities do is print up a list of all the organizations and their contact numbers. Usually the public library has this.

    Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • I know here in FL parents get assistance towards daycare...not sure exactly what it is called down here but you might want to contact a local daycare in your area and see if they know of that option. They may be able to direct you to the right resource.

    Good luck!

    Answer by DFSNIKKI at 12:38 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • If ONE child has a disability, that does not mean that they can keep all of your children - that's illegal. Respite care covers care only for the child that has a disability. If you want daycare assistance, go to your local Health and Human Services organization to inquire about it. I know here in NC that's where you sign up - at the same place you would go for welfare, food stamps, etc. and there is usually a waiting list of some sorts.

    Answer by missanc at 1:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • OP here, my child is not disabled

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • Ask your mom what it was called.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Apr. 6, 2010