Gift giving/thank you card issue...what would you do?

I sent a baby gift to a distant family member about 2 months ago. I have not received a thank you card yet, and to be honest, I don't really care, my issue is that I'm afraid that a) I sent it to the wrong address and she never got it...she moved around alot, but I really thought I had her latest address, and b) we moved about 18 months ago, its possible she did send a thank you but to my old address, but again, I'm pretty sure I updated everyone on our new address.... so my concern is really that she did in fact receive the gift...but I don't want to say anything for fear it will make her feel bad that she didn't send a thank you, I didn't want it to come off like I'm fishing for a thank you...she's busy with a new baby, that's the last thing I want.... thoughts?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It might also be a nice gesture if she did get and apologizes and mentions she is sending cards to tell her not to send you one. I know it's overwhelming after having a new baby.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Unfortunately most people don't send thank you cards anymore. I would call her and ask if she is using what ever you sent and was it helpful.
    Anonymous

• Just to add, we are friends on Facebook and although she is not active on a daily basis, I see her on there maybe once or twice a week.... the point is that I would think she would have mentioned it at least on there...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No, I know her well enough, she is definitely a thank you card person.
    gramsmom

• She probably just spaced it out. I would just ask, "Hey, I was just wondering if you got the ____ I sent you. I'm worried I sent it to the wrong address!"
    Anonymous

• 2 months isnt too long with a new baby. i was really behind on everything with my dd. Maybe you could just ask her if she is still at ---address cause you sent the package there but were worried you had gotten confused. If she says yes and apologizes about not sending a thank you then you can just insist that she just focus on that baby and that it is impossible to keep up with everything with a newborn.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I would give her a call to see how she is and then just ask if she received it.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• How much did you spend on the gift? If it was a lot, I would say it was worth asking her if she received it and you can mention you were just worried since you weren't sure of her address. If it wasn't that much $, I would say let it go.

I'm sure she did receive it though. Some people do thank you cards for everyone who came to their shower since it's all usually on one 'list', but then the other people who mail things seperately, I think sometimes those gifts get forgotten or lost in the shuffle in terms of the thank you cards. And, not everyone does thank you cards, although they should! Lastly, 2 months isn't that long, maybe she just hasn't gotten around to it!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the 4th poster. Just call her and tell her you were worried that you sent it to the wrong address and you wanted to make sure she got it.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I agree with calling. I am a thank you card person, and one of my friends called me to see if I got the car seat she sent. I didn't, and if I had, I would have called and written!!!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010