how do i get him to do what i ask?

we bought a house and got new floors to put i... about 2 months ago ... he did the livining room, hallway and hallway closets... but still has not done our sons room... this would not be such a big deal but our son is 16 months old and sleeping in our room and i want him to be in his own room but he cant unitil the floor is done in his... everytime i ask him to do it he says he doesnt want to and then goes to work on his non running truck...to get it going.... or does something else, but i really want our son in his own room...how do i get him to do the floor?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 12:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• The best way is to start on it yourself. Then he will see you doing it, and of course he's going to say youre doing it wrong and he'll take over.LOL. Works every time for me :)
    Reverse psychology is fun. hehe
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Maybe you should do it. Then keep interrupting him with silly common sense questions about the floor and the tools. After awhile im sure he will get tired of it and do it himself. Or ask him to watch the baby while you put the floor in, sometimes that alone will work.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• There is a great book called For Better or For Best by Gary Smalley. It teaches women how to get men to do what they (women) want. It's not a thick book and you can read the chapter you need if you don't like reading the whole book. Try your library, see if they have it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• thanks ladies... i will try some of those
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• If these things don't work tell him your going to hire someone to do it in a week if its not done!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Start doing it yourself and he will step in. Anyway my husband would. If I started it and did something wrong (on accident or on purpose) he would say no no no, here let me do this.... and then I got him to do what I wanted in the first place and he feels more manly about it because he has "helped" me.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010