Chronic ear infection

Has anyone elses baby had chronic ear infection? My daughter is 16 months and had an ear infection since November. She has been on 19 meds since July. It will not go away. We have been to two different ENT and they are baffeled. that is one of their exact words. She has also had respritory issues. RSV twice in 1 1/2 months. she has had 3 surgeries ( tubes in, tubes out and ployps removed and tubes back in)I am so worn out from not sleeping. I cant keep up on housework or anything my other kids do because she is always sick. Her peditician just doesnt know what to do either. She always has such bad ear drainage that it looks like she si wearing green ear plugs.

tdawn_21

Asked by tdawn_21 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

Level 4 (-22 Credits)
  • Have they considered removing her tonsils and adenoids? My little cousin (three years old) had to have them removed because of her chronic ear infections.
    Anonymous

• They took out her adnoids but they said her tonsils were fine and didnt need taken out. If they did they wouldnt take them out until she is 2
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2010