Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Puppy with worms...

I just gave my puppy a tablet that is suppose to get rid of worms. I was wondering if I should keep him outside for a while? Will it make him poop like crazy or will it just kill the worms? How long until he will be worm free? Is it safe for my dd to be around him while he has worms could she catch them?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pets

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • I am a vet tech. As long as you gave your puppy the dewormer which is the tablet your puppy should be fine. Your puppy will go to the bathroom and there will be worms in the feces but they should be dead. Just make sure your puppy wont eat the feces and reinfect. Pick up the feces and throw it away so there is no chance.
    You child cant get them unless your child is putting their hands on the dogs rectum and putting their hand in their mouth. Just make sure your child is washing his or her hands.
    ddsunshine

    Answer by ddsunshine at 1:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

  • Humans can catch worms from dogs. It's too late, she has already been exposed. Obviously it doesn't happen often since so many kids have puppies and you never hear about kids having worms. I am a foster for two rescue organizations and we use liquid medication. My grandson never got worms from my foster kittens or puppies.
    Gailll

    Answer by Gailll at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

Next question in Pets
Dog ate chocolate

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
2ww

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN