Do your girls wear dresses most days?

I have a little girl and I love buying her dresses! I would like for her to get used to wearing dresses often so that she feels comfortable wearing them as she gets older. My mom always dressed me in jeans and thats pretty much what I grew up wearing so now when I buy a dress, I put it on and then I ALWAYS end up changing clothes because I feel stupid wearing it,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm the same way with my own clothes, I always wear jeans and feel funny in a dress. I don't wear dresses or skirts unless I'm going to a wedding or something. But I'm not sure it has anything to do with how I dressed as a child. My mom put dresses on me when I was little and I remember when I was in about 1st grade going through a stage where I only wanted to wear dressses, but by later elementary school I didn't like to wear them anymore. My daughter wears dresses on Sundays and only occasionally on other days. I would like for her to wear them more and get more use out of them, but it seems pointless to dress her up with no were to go, and I'm afraid she will get them dirty.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My daughter wears one on special occasions or if she wants to wear one. I wore dresses only until about the 2nd grade. I was really a tomboy at heart but I got really upset when boys started looking up my skirt when I was trying to play at recess. So, yeah, no dresses after that, and I won't ever force my daughter to wear dresses to anything but special occasions.
    Anonymous

• My daughter wore them pretty much every day when she was young, but then she hit about 2nd grade. She's in 3rd grade now and will still wear them about once/week, but most days (particularly on PE days) she prefers pants, shorts, or skorts. It's easy when you can put whatever you want on them, much different when they start caring and want to be wearing what all of their friends are wearing.

Answer by missanc at 1:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i was the same way. my mom never really put me in dresses and i always end up changing before the end of the day. my daughter only really wears dresses or skirts. she has a few pairs of pants but doesn't really wear them much. she is very girly though and doesn't prefer pants. she also asks me to curl her hair and put make up on her (powdered shimmer puff and lip gloss) about every day. i like it though. every morning she sits with me while i get ready for work and "gets ready" too!

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have just recently started wearing dresses more often. I feel a lot more feminine and now that my kids are getting older I find more time to try and be more girly
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 2:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I sometimes wish my daughter wore more dresses. Hand me downs are not a problem in my house, she LOVES her older brothers' clothes. Thank god her school has uniforms or else it would be a battle every morning over whether she can wear old soccer or karate uniforms. I would find it odd, but I was the exact same way at that age, if not worse. I don't think your daughter will necessarily be self-conscious about wearing dresses later in life. Eventually I decided that I liked being girly and I love wearing dresses and skirts now. I think it's more important to make her feel comfortable no matter what she's wearing.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 5:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• In the summer I prefer dresses, just caual little sun dresses---one of my girls prefers them and one likes shorts. I think dresses are a LOT more comfie, and very girlie. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2010