faking a miscarriage

how is that even possible? how do you fake a miscarriage?

****Not for me, trying to show a friend his girlfriend is faking hers (she is trying to tie him down since he told her he wants out****

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How would faking a miscarriage help to keep him around? I thought some women got pregnant for that reason?? I don't know how to fake one, as I never had one and I would never wish one on anyone. She is mentally disturbed and is jinxing herself for future babies, karma is a bitch!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't think faking a misscariage would keep a man around. How would you know if it were fake or not? Did you look in her uterus?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It's very easy to fake a miscarriage. It's usually an act of desperation or mental iinstability. You tell people you are pregnant, and then you tell them you are not. Now, if you let it go on too long it will be much harder to appear convincing, but I think it happens more often than people realize. There was a girl working at my kids daycare, and she wanted to be pregnant so badly she told everyone that she was; she took off time for "doctor's appointments" and did other things to keep up the lie. Then as it got closer to time for the baby to arrive she put off having a baby shower until after the baby was born. She had let it go on too long and she really didn't have a way out at that point. When she was supposedly a week overdue the director talked to her and she claimed that she had a miscarriage months ago but didn't know how to tell anyone. She was a big girl too, so not looking pregnant wasn't an issue.
    Anonymous

• Anon 03 How do you know she didn't have a misscariage and was too heartbroken too addmit to herself or anyone that it really happened? Until she had to face reality.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• She lied to him to saying she was pregnant after over hearing that he was planning on leaving her. Now that he is so hyped up about being a dad she is gunna fake a miscarriage and hope he says lets try for another one.
    Anonymous

• What can you do? It is an issue of mental instability and very poor self-esteem, I think. What is really sad is that she may eventually tie a man down with a true pregnancy and then have to try to get this man that is not right for her to fall in love with her, which seems to always fail. It seems as though when a man and woman really love each other, a baby is not a requirement but rather a positive addition to the love they share. I love my fiance so much that sometimes I am saddened by the fact that this wonderful baby we have on the way will take from the time that we share together. I am in love with this baby but it is because this baby is half him and half me. You can't get her to see what she can't see, but it would be great if she could see that it is the baby that pays the price for her despiration.
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2010