Would you apply for a cutback job?

If you found a part time job listing that you knew was a full time that was cut back, and the previous person lost his/her job through the process, would you have no hesitation in applying for that job? Even if you knew that person who lost his/her job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, if I needed the job, I would apply. Someone is going to fill that slot. And if I needed the work, or my husband did, why not us?
    Anonymous

• Why not? I work because I need to. In this economy I can't afford to pass up a job because it used to be someone's full-time position. I would turn down jobs I felt were immoral - I'm not going to be a phone sex operator or a stripper any time soon...but I would take a part-time job that had been down-sized from a full-time one.

In my experience, the full-time person is usually offered the cut-hours position before they're let go. If they didn't want to keep it until they found something new, why shouldn't I or anyone else that can take on the part-time status do so?
    Anonymous

• Yes, i would apply and take anything just about now.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• No.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• If I was in a position that I needed the money (not that I don't), I would apply for any job that was available because I have kids to raise and take care of. I am sorry for those that lost their jobs, but me not working on top of them not working isn't going to get our country out of debt, nor is it going to put food on my table.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I'm sure that person had the opportunity to take the part time position and most likely turned it down if the position is now publicly offered. If you are willing to do a fulltime job duties within part time hours, then apply for it.
    Anonymous

• ^^^^THIS is why I would apply!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:48 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yes.
    Just to piss off a Lib.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010