Is it wrong or weird???

I have a 2 year old child and a two month old baby. I get so extremely sick during pregnancy that I can barely function for about 6 months, have to be on medication, and sometimes get so dehydrated that I need IVs just to survive. Is is weird/wrong that I already am thinking about having another? Obviously not for a few months so that my body can recover somewhat and my baby can grow up a little but why on earth do I want another one? Does anyone else feel this way shortly after their baby is born or am I strange?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had hyperemesis gravidum with my first. I wasn't diagnosed w/ it the 2nd time, but still had a lot of vomiting. I just found out I'm pregnant again and really nervous. I don't think it's weird at all that you want another baby. We all selectively forget things about our pregnancies :) Right now, I'd take it easy and let your body truly heal before you think about another one though.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't think you are strange, some ppl just like having babies no matter what it takes! You are just strong for what you want, nothing wrong with that...

Me myself would love to have 3 kids but I do NOT do pregnancy well at all and after this child I have in a few months which is baby # 2 I will be fixed just because I can't go through it again!!!!

good luck to ya!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 1:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I had difficult pregnancies with my 4th child, and now with my 5th (I'm 25 weeks) - can't keep anything down, have had blood transfusions because I'm severely anemic, etc. and I do NOT want any more because of this! My first 3 were relatively easy, but after the last 2 pregnancies I am totally miserable. This one was not planned, my husband and I had decided not to have more because I had such a hard time - but things happen. I am getting my tubes tied after this one - I can't imagine going through this again.
    But you can't change the way you feel. If you want more and you feel like you can take care of yourself and the two you have, more power to you!

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• OP here.

Luvmylilmonkies - I had HG with both my pregnancies, the second was worse than the first (I lost 9% of my body weight with #1, 11% with the second). So I understand why you would be nervous with this one. And yes, I do try to forget those days :)
    Anonymous