Graduation Party ideas?

My stepson will be graduating this June "YAY" :) and we would like to throw him a big party at our house. Any tips, ideas on ANYTHING? food,invitations,decorations,games..whatever ideas you may have or have done for your own party, I want to know!! Thanks!! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I got every thing associated with graduation and matched things up (plates, napkins, balloons ect). Decorated my patio and had several platters of finger foods. Way before the graduation I would take time and sort thru their pictures from baby til graduation, then I would arrange them on poster boards, tape them down and write a little caption on each one. I think I had about 4 posters with approximately 15 pictures on each posters. Everyone enjoyed looking at them too. Then I had family members make graduation posters and I stapled them to the fence. I put out tables on the lawn surrounded by tiki lamps. Both sons enjoyed themselves and so did the guests.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2010

• My SIL did the same thing a few yrs back and started in Feb of that yr buying the alcohol, pop, bottle water etc... then she put together her guest list... then her menu to feed 3x the number on her guest list... my niece did not want a cake so we all made and decorated cup cakes in her school colors.
    she did rolled hams/cheeses... bought those catering hot plates for meatballs, ham slices, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc... I believe there was a pasta also... and yes she and my MIL and I all did the cooking for this.... you can buy most of your supplies at a party supply store or online...
    My MIL knew someone with a huge tent that we put up in MIL's backyard 1 day before and SIL rented all of the table and chairs.
    You can also check into a cater to do all of the cooking some are pretty cheap and have a good menu to offer you...
    congrats to your ss... I am helping my own sis this yr, my nephew grads, and I am baking 300 cookies.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My 2 sons graduate 5/27 and we're just having a bbq with close family and friends. Nothing too costly. They both get a free sheet cake from the grocery store that they work at for graduating so that's covered. Since it'll be summer they'll play cornhole, basketball and ping pong in the back yard.
    Anonymous

• I would ask him what he wants and go from there. Some do not want a big party and I know some what to just go out and hang with their friends anyways so find out from him.
    angellove29115

Answer by angellove29115 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 7, 2010