what do u do?

when u have a toddler and infant and go grocery shopping by your self and there is only room 4 one in the cart? i have a 2yr old and a 3month old and just wanting to know thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It takes some practice and some patience - but it can be done. My two are two years apart. This stage - with two little kids and only room for one in a cart - can be tough. I had a front carrier, not a sling but a kangaroo-pouch type thing used for hiking. I'd put DD in the pouch so I could carry her with my hands free and DS rode in the cart. Even without DS I did this. I never trusted putting the car seat on the front of the cart - it's not really safe. I tried to save my big shopping trips for times when I could go without the kids. We'd bring a small toy cart us. I'd make DS his own shopping list with pictures and simple words written next to it. He'd push his cart and look for his items. Things like bananas or his favorite cereal. :) He LOVED it. Some stores have those car-carts. When DD could sit up, I'd put her in the basket seat and let DS ride in the car part.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Put the 3 month old in the car seat on the buggy, and have the 2 year old walk. Or ask someone to go with you that can hold the other kid in another buggy. Good luck
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Carry the baby in a sling or carrier and put the 2 year old in the cart.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I always wore the youngest in a front carrier and put my older one in the cart, or I'd shop at night when my dh was home. When my younger one got old enough I always shopped at Harris Teeter because they had those two kid carts that would hold both of them.

Answer by missanc at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It's hard. Do they have the truck/kids shopping cart? If so, put the 2 year old in the truck part and the baby in the car seat in the cart. Otherwise you can use a sling for the baby and put the 2 year old in the cart. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• They make carts that hold 2 kids in front. The baby has to be able to sit up, but once he can you can use it. It's a red plastic attachment in front of the cart and the baby can be strapped in securely. Look around for it. I would switch grocery stores because of the cart.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:15 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I only have my 4-month old, but I find it more pleasant for both of us to wear her in my Moby Wrap. Wear the baby & stick the toddler in the cart.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 2:32 PM on Apr. 6, 2010