is this my period?

On sat i had a spot of blood, and same for sunday. yesterday monday, i had blood like i get when i am on my period, i have a headache which i normally get before i start my period. and i have cramps. I had my daughter 7 weeks ago and started my birth control(the pill) 3 weeks ago when she was 4 weeks old. I had an increase in discharge 3 days ago. Is this my period?
i formula feed . and when i checked last night on the pad it was brown but on the toliet paper it was blood and this morning there is blood on the pad.

mommy2be77

Asked by mommy2be77 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uhhh..... yeah, yeah it is. jk. seriously? you know your body better than anyone else.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like it is. When you start BC your body will take some time to adjust. So it could be irregular for a month or two.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• It probably was. I just had my first period in 16 months and it was similar to what you described. I thought it was implantation bleeding at first followed by a miscarriage. I had NO signs of a period, just started spotting then a few days later, full on bleeding.
    Your body just needs to adjust. You just had a baby so your body is really out of whack. I think they say your period should start roughly 6wks after delivery? If that's true, you sound fine.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 6, 2010