Does age have anything to do with canception after Mirena??????

does age matter for conception?

I'm in a bunco group and some of the gals are on Mirena or some had theirs removed and are TTC. Anyway we were talking last night and one of the girls has been TTC for about 6 mo.now. I'm about 6mo, pregnant. It only took my husband and I 2 mo. to concieve. I'm 26 and these girls are a little older then me they are about 32-34 and they say its because " your younger" I swear thats not true....now the main girl I'm speaking of keeps saying its because I'm younger...and now she is going on a vacation in June and is now NOT TTC.

my question is: Does age really have something to do with conception after Mirena?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Even without the Mirena the older you are the harder it is for you to conceive. A perfectly healthy couple can take as long as 18 months to get pregnant. But yes as you get older your progesterone/estrogen levels drop making it harder to get pregnant. Also after age 35 your chances of a down syndrome baby go up. Even more so after age 40.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2010