What do I do about these hillbillies?

So part of my back tooth fell out and I need to get to a dentist ASAP. I don't have any insurance and the free clinic has a 3-6 month waiting list to see the dentist. I called a nearby dentist clinic and they on avergae 300 for an appointment to get a check up and fill a cavity. MIL told my husband to just pull it out and not spend so much money. Then made a comment about how could she get cavities if she is always brushing her teeth. I brush my teeth twice a day and flosh and don't eat or drink a lot of sweets but I have weak teeth. My husband told me why don't I just get it pulled out.
These dumbfucks don't seem to understand I spent 3k dollars as a teen and can't seem to get it through their heads I have no bootom wisdom teeth to fill in the gap. I only have top wisdom teeth.
How can I put it through their dumb ass heads that i don't want my teeth to look like theirs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Health

• Talk to a dentist about a payment plan and get them taken care of?? Best advice I can give you.. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:42 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Did you ask about a cash discount? Sometimes they can give you a better price if they are paid up front. Or check out online some dental insurance polices. Hillbillies typically don't have insurance or the $ to pay for the work which is why they have it pulled. Sound familiar?
    Anonymous

• why on earth do you still have your wisdom teeth?
    Anonymous

• if its a back tooth, and you dont have insurance i would say just get it pulled. usually by the time a tooth is causing pain, it is too late to be saved with a cavity. i had to get mine pulled. and i dont have any wisdom teeth, never have, never will. if you really want to save it, there are programs you can apply for through the dentist office, or you can talk to the dentist and see about a payment plan.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I kept my wisdom teeth cause I know i have week teeth oneday migt need them to fill the gaps. When I got my braces they found out I ahd no bottom wisdom teeth or permanent back teeth for two of my teeth so they pulled them and adjusted my braces to fill the gap. They told me my weak teeth were genetic. Only thing I do is keep good maintenace. If I were to get this tooth puled I would only have one back tooth to chew my food with on one side.
    Anonymous

• Just get ur tooth pulled. I got mine pulled, no big deal.
    Anonymous

• You cannot use wisdom teeth to fill in gaps. They are not spare teeth that can be plugged into your mouth once they are pulled. Since you don't have insurance and if using wisdom teeth like that was even possible, can you imagine the cost? First the cost of extraction, then using the tooth as an implant..Oy vay. Just get the tooth pulled. A lot of us have had molars pulled. You can get a bridge to replace the lost tooth.
    Anonymous

• i know some dentist have payment plans i would say shop around and see if you can find one. also just because people have missing teeth does not mean they are hillbillies there are alot of reasons why.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 2:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i would see a dentist for a payment plan. most will do it... dental insurance isn't as common as you would think... many pay out of pocket. if part of your tooth fell out it would probably cost as much to fix as as to get a new one. you could pull it for the time being, then after you get into the clinic get a replacement one :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Good luck finding a dentist who will fill a wisdom tooth. It's a waste of time and money. BTW, you're only supposed to have one back tooth on each side.
    Anonymous