Can you even imagine being the MIL to your child's spouse that your own MIL is to you?

I can't imagine doing what my own MIL and what I've read other MILs do on here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would love to have a MIL... my DH's mom died when he was a teenager, so I never got to have one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• so far, i only have a girl..and i plan on being to her what my mom is to me. a friend, an someone that i can talk to-but not getting in the way of her new family.
    my milly however-thinks that she stills needs to be in every-hour life. calling, facebooking, texting, emailing..it gets a lot overwhelming, and i sometimes have to tell her to back off. it might sound bad, but sheesh! i need my space too!
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• lol. my mil isn't too bad. I like her.Me being a mil is a different story though. I have thought about that.My son is 10 and he is my baby. How ever will I share my baby with another woman?LOL. His wife is going to hate me, I just know it.I told my son that when he grows up he needs to let me pick his wife for him so I will like her, LOL.
    Now, please don't take that seriously..I'm sure that by then I will have drawn myself back a bit and dropped my broomstick and just hope my son finds a woman that he loves with all his heart and she makes him happy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:46 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• My MIL is tolerable...its my FIL that I can't stand. But either way, I would try and be the best MIL ever to my son's wife. I am nothing like her though so I don't think I'll have a problem.
    Anonymous

• I only hope I can be as great as a MIL as mine was. Unfortunately she passed away 6 years ago, one year before we got married. She was the sweetest woman ever!!
    Anonymous

• My MIL is completely out of control. I couldn't imagine being anything like her. She's an alcoholic and a liar.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 1:58 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have already told my best friend if she ever sees me acting like my MIL to my son's wife, she is to slap me across the face and then ask what the hell I was thinking.
    I plan on being a nice MIL, but you never know I guess. I am sure all of our MIL's think they are nice.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• my in laws are great! I love them. I couldn't ask for better ones!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I have a very nice Mother in law. She is sweet, she loves my son, and she's a great cook :) I hope I can be like that. I agree with the above poster who said that it's going to be hard to let go though. My son isn't even 2 yet so I have plenty of time! LOL!

My MIL has three sons. They all settled down and became a lot more healthy after they met their wives. I think that if my son were spiraling out of control and I didn't know what to do for him and then suddenly he met a woman who settled his mind and brought stability to him, I'd love her and feel very blessed for her in my son's life. -- although it doesn't ALWAYS go that way.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I want a balance between the two. My MIL is never around, never sees her grand kids, forgets birthdays, ect. She lives down the street! I like that she isn't all in our business, like my mom, but the kids wish she was around more. I want to keep a safe distance, not be nosey, but be there for them and my grand kids.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 6, 2010