How come no one ever complains about how much money movie stars and singers make?

Everyone always bitches about doctors and surgeons making sooo much money and that they are glad they are getting their income reduced (for some unGodly reason) because its just "not fair!" etc. But how come no one ever complains that a movie star makes $3 million for one movie?! Aren't doctor's jobs more important...not to mention harder than acting? Don't you think they deserve their money for working so hard and going through so much schooling, more than these alcoholic, drug addicted movie stars?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• I agree.We have Soldiers and making pretty much nothing.And these people get paid MILLIONS to smile at the camera..But hey entertainment makes people happy.Sadly freedom isnt respected the same way :/
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Yea, but that would only make sense, ya know? Since when did anything about money and who deserves it make any sense.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Well for one, movies themselves make a LOT of money. In the first weekend that it hits the theaters, some movies make millions of dollars.And after that, the movie makes money on dvd rentals and sales. The actors work hard, they should be compensated well.
    Anonymous

• I couldn't have said that better myself!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree. I think they should tax the hell out of the entertainment business. I'm sure they could spare at least 1/2 their paycheck & STILL make out with millions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't think most doctors make too much. I do think some actors, muscians, pro athletes, CEOs, & heads of universities make too much. The complaints you hear depends on the people you know.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:53 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Don't forget the pro athletes!
    Anonymous

• Yeah they do.

Celebrities make too much money!!! There now you've heard someone complain.
    Anonymous

• makes sense to me. same with pro athletes. sure, they work hard, but gee i wish my hubby could beef up and throw amazing passes or hit multiple home runs. sorry but i don't think sports are worth millions a year..
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I don't agree with any of them making millions, that includes doctors, actors, singers, and athletes. Yes, doctors went to school, have lots of bills to pay but when the majority of the people in this country can't go to one without having to pay $200 for an office visit (walking in the door and signing in) there is a problem. And it's not that we don't work for our money, we do, it's just ridiculous that it costs so much to get healthcare. My husband fixes heavy equipment that human being operate so he has to be extremely careful and do everything right. He and the company he works for don't want anyone hurt or killed using their machines. He is college eduacted to do this and sure as hell is not making decent money because he does manual labor. Not tons of sympathy here for people who make obscene amounts of money and might have to take a very small pay cut.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 6, 2010