What should I do about my schooling?

I love my family, our family needs money. My hubby works like crazy, he cares for the family. I have been going to school for massage therapy, and I am almost finished. But I find myself not wanting to finish. I want to stay at home be with my kid, do field trips, cook dinner, plan family vacations. I am not the woman to be out in the job field. I don't know what I should do. I love my family, I want to take some of the pressure of my hubby. I want to be what I think I should. UH I'm crying just thinking about it again.

crazymomma963

Asked by crazymomma963 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 6, 2010 in

• you dont' have to get a fulltime job or anything like that. with massage therapy, the best thing about it, is you can get priavate clients and get a business license and run your own business! set appointments etc and go to peoples homes or do massages at businesses that may need that service. there's a multitude of ways to earn money with massage therapy rather than work fulltime somewhere! google it, i'm sure you'll find more options than that!!! good luck! I know how you feel!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 1:57 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I think it depends on how much it would cost to finish school. If you are going to a community college and grants would cover tuition, books, and you would have money left over then I think it may be a good idea to finish. You may be able to work part time and have it all. You could make some money but have the time to do what you want.

If you are going to one of the private colleges that talk you into taking out max student loans then it is a hard decision. Do you not finish and have to pay back all the loans you already took out for nothing? Do you take out even more loans and have to work to pay them back?

Will you even be able to get a job when you are done? Could you start your own business? Maybe you could do something special like prenatal massage or infant massage.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:04 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Finish. You can always jsut do it privately part time around your schedule.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 2:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• Maybe your husband wants to be able to do those things, too. Perhaps you can both work part time.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• FINISH! Oh I understand I too am in school and OMG missing those SAHM days! But like yours my SO works alot too and I know he can not work 60 hours a week forever! We agreed I would go and finish school and its draining on us all but I keep chugging along. I am in a xray tech program. It also shows your children you stuck to something and does really buil;d character. in the end I doubt you will regret it. I have days where I would love to quit but I know I would regret that and I want my kids to see me see it through! In the end its better for us all:) PT is always a option. i figure I may even work as needed sao I can make my own schedule but we will see when that time comes! i have a BIT! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• I totally remember the days of being overwhelmed with school and wondering if I should quit. I am SO glad that I didn't. I know it totally sucks right now but hang in there momma. Even if you never do a single massage when you are done, if you quit, you will not have the opportunity to even make that choice. I know that it is a hard time when chaos is all around but it will be worth it in the end. The stinky part is that you won't get to see how worth it will be until the end. So take the advice of everyone and hang in there and finish. It will be worth it and you will be so glad that you did finish. Massage therapy is a flexible field. People pretty much want a massage at any time of the day. You could still do the mamma thing and then advertise unique hours that start after 7pm (when most of the momma stuff is taken care of) and offer sessions that help people relax and get a good night's sleep. Just a thought!
    jdelain79

Answer by jdelain79 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 7, 2010